Sandy: Closings, Reporting Outages and More
Check back here as we update our information.
Tri-Boro Patch will be updating this post with information as it becomes available. If you know something we don't have listed, shoot us an email at email@example.com
- All tri-boro schools closed Friday.
- The Borough of Kinnelon has set up a shelter at the Kiel School.
- The Borough of Butler has opened a shelter and cell phone recharging site for residents in need at the Butler police station.
- The Borough of Bloomingdale has opened comfort stations at Borough Hall and the Bloomingdale Firemen's Hall. They will close at 6 p.m. and reopen at 8:30 a.m. At 3 p.m., these comfort stations will turn into overnight shelters. Only Bloomingdale reisdents are invited to visit these locations and residents wishing to stay overnight should make accomodations in advance by calling 973-838-0158.
- Kinnelon residents should report outages to the Kinnelon Police Department.
- Butler and Bloomingdale residents can report outages to the Butler Electric Department directly at 973-838-0063.
Important Contact Information
You can also:
- Receive Nixle alerts from the Kinnelon Police Department or Butler Police Department by signing up at Nixle.com
- Receive SWIFT Reach 9-1-1 alerts from the Bloomingdale Police Department by signing up here
- Follow the Borough of Kinnelon on Twitter at KinnelonBoro here
- Read updated alerts from the Kinnelon Volunteer Fire Company (Kinnelon Volunteer Fire Co.) or Kinnelon Office of Emergency Management (Kinnelon OEM) on Facebook here
- Read updated alerts from the Butler Police Department (Butler Police Department) on Facebook here
- Read updated alerts from the Borough of Bloomingdale (Borough of Bloomingdale) on Facebook here