'Chickens Were Engulfed in Flames' in Grocery Store Fire

Firefighters, police spent an hour putting out grease fire at Butler Stop & Shop.

Butler police and fire officials spent about an hour Monday battling a blaze that started in the chicken rotisserie at the Butler Stop & Shop.

Fire Chief Jim Neill said the fire started around noon.

"It was burning pretty good," he said. "The chicken grease and the chickens were engulfed in flames."

Neill said no hose was used to extinguish the fire but six fire extinguishers were used by police officers and firefighters, disseminating a powder on to the grease. No damage, except to the chicken rotisserie, was reported and nobody was injured, Neill said.

"Nobody was hurt, except for the chickens. They turned out to be little hockey pucks," he said.

The Butler Board of Health later inspected the scene and deemed the store to be safe.

mimi December 05, 2012 at 03:58 PM
Poor little things died in vain.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »