Wondering what's happening in the Township of Parsippany, we've got the scoop on all the things you need to know.
The Parsippany Water Department is asking residents of Township of Parsippany to conserve water.
The water department is working on backup generators to pump water at this time, but until electricity is restored the pumping ability is limited. The water is safe and chlorinated, officials said.
There is a water main break at Vail Road and Route 46. Those residing in the area may be affected.
The Parsippany Board of Education said township schools will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 1 and Friday, Nov. 2.
Limited trash collection will resume on Thursday.
Recycling and yard waste will not be collected.
- Sections 1, 2 and 4: Regular pickup on THURSDAY
- Sections 3, 5 and 6: Regular pickup on FRIDAY.
Officials said if your home is on an inaccessible roadway, place your trash bags at the corners of the closed roads and they will be collected.
For residents of Lake Hiawatha returning home during the evening hours:
- Route 46 east is closed from Smith Road to South Beverwyck Road.
- Route 46 west is closed from North Beverwyck Road to Baldwin Road.
- South Beverwyck Road is Closed.
Alternate routes to Lake Hiawatha:
- Take Old Bloomfield Avenue to Edwards Road
- Take Jefferson Road to Mazdabrook Road to Baldwin Road.
- Take New Road to Route 46 west to North Beverwyck Road.