As we look ahead to November’s elections, Tri-Boro Patch is devoted to bring you the information you need about every race in town. Here's our start on the candidates and issues we'll be covering as November draws near. Bookmark this page for updates.
- Kinnelon Council: Republican incumbent Dan O'Dougherty and newcomer Republican Carol Sventy, who , will run unopposed.
- Bloomingdale Council: Republican incumbent Jo-Ann Pituch and newcomer Republican Michele Siek will face Democrats Rich Dellaripa and Michael Sondermeyer for
- Butler Council: Republicans Robert Fox and Robert Meier will run
- Passaic County Freeholders: Three incumbent Republicans (Michael Marotta, Deborah E. Ciambrone and Edward O'Connell) will face three Democrats (John Bartlet, Hector Lora and Ronda Casson Cotroneo) for three open seats.
- Morris County Freeholders: Three regular-term seats are up for election, with Democrats Wasim Kahn, Toshiba Foster (Morristown) and Joy Singh taking on GOP candidates John Cesaro, John Krickus and David Scapicchio. Republican Hank LyonTruscha Quatrone for an unexpired term.
- 26th District New Jersey Assembly: Republican Assemblywoman Betty Lou DeCroce, who is currently , who died in January, will face Democrat Joseph Raich, , to fill the second year of the term.
- 11th Congressional District: Longtime Congressman Rodney Frelinghuysen, who faced no opposition in the GOP primary, will take on Democratic Challenger John Arvanites, who also had no opponents in the primary.
- U.S. Senate: U.S. Senator Bob Menendez (D), the junior United States Senator from New Jersey who was first appointed in 2006 to fill Jon Corzine's seat, takes on Republican challenger Joe Kyrillos, who easily defeated three opponents in the primary.
- U.S. President: President Barack Obama will presumptively face former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney in a campaign that has already focused heavily on the economy and job growth.