Tri-Boro Schools Will Close Friday

School districts remain without power as week comes to a close.

Kinnelon, Butler and Bloomingdale school districts will once again close Friday for the fifth day this week.

Schools closed Monday as a precaution while the tri-boro awaited Tropical Storm Sandy to make landfall and all three tri-boro districts have remained without power since.

The Kinnelon district sent a message to parents about the postponement of parent-teacher conferences next week.

"This will allow us to use the delayed opening option for safe transport of students if needed on Monday through Wednesday of next week," the district said in a Textcaster alert. "As a result of postponing conferences, students will have full days of school barring any use of the delayed opening option."

Kinnelon High School sent a message to parents about athletic activities postponed through the district's Textcaster system.

"We hope everyone is safe and hanging in there. Although sports are one of our last priorities right now, we do need to disseminate some information," the message said.

The following is information sent by the high school athletic department:

  • Changes to schedules will be sent via the scheduling website here. School email is down. Alternate emails are provided below. Also, coaches would like to hear from their players if possible. They would like to know your status and if you'll be able to get to practice this weekend. 
  • Mr. Rosenberg- midatlanticschoolscheduling@gmail.com
  • Football- Coachwhite50@gmail.com and sign up on twitter @kinnelonfb Our game vs. Boonton has been moved to Friday, November 9th at 6pm. The entire state tournament has been moved back a week. Hoping to practice asap. 
  • Girls' Soccer- jpotzer@gmail.com let him know if you'll be able to get out for a practice on Saturday. We are hoping to play the state game on Monday. 
  • Volleyball- Coach Finke has been in touch. We hope to be able to practice on Saturday and play your state match on Monday. 
  • Cross Country- lachegwidden@yahoo.com State Sectional Meet has been moved to Saturday, November 10th and the rest of the tournament is moved back 1 week. Hoping to practice on Saturday.
  • MS Boys' Soccer- we will be in touch when back in school. The tournament is on hold until further notice 

Read more Tri-Boro Patch coverage of Tropical Storm Sandy here.

Stay with Tri-Boro Patch for continued Sandy coverage. "Like" our Facebook page and follow us on Twitter.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »